Eupora is the largest municipality in Webster County with a population of approximately 2,336. Eupora was earlier known as Early Grove.
In 1888, the Georgia-Pacific Railroad began surveying a route on the north side of the Big Black River. The final route was a line down the Big Black Valley, passing through the site of present-day Eupora. Engineers laying out the route of the railroad boarded in the home of Jim Eudy and his wife, Eupora. The engineers were so struck with the eupony of the word "Eupora" that they declared the new town should receive that name. The settlement was given the name of Eupora and was incorporated in 1889.